The Beginning

The Beginning

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Kitchen!

New Kitchen!!

I keep telling everyone that I would post pictures of the transformation of our kitchen. I seem to keep forgetting, you know since my brain has shrunk over the past 8 months.

I have hated our kitchen for years, too small, nothing works, everything falling apart. Seeing that I love cooking and gathering in the kitchen, this always posed a problem. I have been wanted to gut it for a long time, once I found out I was pregnant, my first thought, "I can't raise a child in that kitchen." So after 2 1/2 months of eating frozen food, sandwiches, and any form of take out. I now have a kitchen I love. We still have some work to do, painting, floors, back splash, but I'll get there after Olive is born. Or I seem to think I will.

Before......Dark, Small, and Broken



Ripping down the wall between the kitchen & "pointless room"

Drywall:


So much space!!!




Love the new ceilings!

Cabinets:








COMPLETE!!!!
















So still have lots of stuff to do before it is really done. But, what an improvement!! 









2 comments:

  1. Love the different color cabinets on top and bottom and those countertops! Excited that you finally have the kitchen you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's so much bigger and so gorgeous! I love the ceilings!
    p.s. I nominated/tagged you for the Liebster Award :)

    ReplyDelete